Get email updates
Interdire l'avortement met en péril la santé des femmes
Disponible en anglais
Disponible en español
The Guttmacher Institute encourages you to share this infographic freely to ensure the debate is informed by facts, not misinformation
- Unintended pregnancy is the root cause of most abortions.
- 222 million women in the developing world have an unmet need for modern contraception.
- 47,000 women die yearly from complications of unsafe abortions.
- Millions more are injured.
- 86% of abortions take place in the developing world where most abortion laws are highly restrictive.
- Making abortion illegal does not stop it from occurring—it just forces women to obtain clandestine and unsafe procedures.
- Percentage of abortions that are unsafe (map)