Ph 212 248 1111 Fax 212 248 1951
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS:
THE DARROCH AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE IN SEXUAL AND REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH RESEARCH
Presented by the Guttmacher Institute
Nomination deadline: Friday, May 17, 2013
The Darroch Award, sponsored by the Guttmacher Institute, recognizes an emerging leader who is a researcher in the field of sexual and reproductive health, where scientific evidence is essential to guiding the policies and programs of the future.
The award honors Jacqueline E. Darroch, Ph.D., whose three decades of directing research exemplified rigorous and innovative work in this field and commitment to the practical application of research to policy and programs. The award aims to recognize and stimulate such work.
The award, offered once every two years, includes a $2,500 prize.
Criteria for the award
- The awardee’s work must combine excellence in research with practical application to public policy and programs in the field of sexual and reproductive health.
- The awardee’s work must demonstrate vision and innovation in methodology, analysis and/or communication of research findings.
- The awardee’s work must adhere to the highest standards of research methodology and analysis.
- Participation in the field of sexual and reproductive health in one or more of the following areas is considered an asset: public education, teaching, board service, and/or professional activities.
- Nominees should be in early to mid career. There is no age or degree requirement.
Nominees will be evaluated by a committee with long-standing relationships to the Institute and the field of sexual and reproductive health: Dr. Darroch; Fatima Juárez, Professor at the Center for Demographic, Urban, and Environmental Studies, El Colegio de México, and Senior Fellow at the Guttmacher Institute; Kirsten Moore, past President and CEO of the Reproductive Health Technologies Project; Jeffrey Smith, Director of Maternal Health at Jhpiego and member of Guttmacher’s board of directors; Cory Richards, Executive Vice President and Vice President for Public Policy at Guttmacher; and Lawrence Finer, Director of Domestic Research at Guttmacher.
Click here for information on the first Darroch Award winner, Elizabeth Raymond.
Click here for information on the 2007 Darroch Award winner, Sandra García.
Click here for information on the 2009 Darroch Award winner, Kelly Blanchard.
Click here for information on the 2011 Darroch Award winner, Eric Buhi.
The deadline for nominations is Friday, May 17, 2013. Nominators should complete the form (Word), which also contains instructions for submission. For more information about the Darroch Award, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.