Reporting to the Associate Director for Individual Giving, the Development Assistant, Individual Giving will provide administrative support for all of the Institute’s individual fundraising efforts.
- Maintain the individual giving records in the Salesforce database, including daily entry of donations.
- Prepare and send acknowledgement letters for all individual donations.
- Write handwritten thank you notes to donors.
- With support from the Development Specialist, coordinate with the finance department to ensure that all gifts received by mail are processed in a timely fashion (within 24 hours) and available for entry into the Salesforce database.
- Support the Associate Director for Individual Giving in the coordination of annual fundraising mailings to major donors and in the execution of special events.
- With guidance from the Associate Director, complete applications for Combined Federal Campaign and work with consultant on preparation of annual state charitable registration documents.
- Direct or answer donors’ inquires/requests by mail/phone/e-mail/internet.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- At least one year of experience working in a development department or in an administrative role.
- A commitment to the Institute’s mission and values.
- Demonstrates ability to focus on and understand detail.
- Communication skills including oral, written, and using telephone, and email are clear, concise and effective at influencing and informing target audiences
- Ability to work independently, and interact with external donors and staff at varying levels across the organization.
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel.
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Outlook, and mail merge functionality is a plus
Salary and Benefits
Salary starting at $45,700 to upper $40k, commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits that include medical, dental, vision and life insurance; vacation, personal and sick time; paid parental leave; tuition reimbursement; commuting subsidy; and 401(k) with employer match. The Guttmacher Institute strives to provide the training and support staff need to be successful in their positions and to grow professionally.
The Guttmacher Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
- To apply, submit resume and cover letter here.
- No telephone calls will be accepted
- No agencies please