As part of the Institute’s web team, the Drupal Intern will assist with maintaining and extending the Institute’s Drupal site launched in March 2016. Specifically, the Drupal Intern will learn how to troubleshoot and fix frontend and backend issues, apply updates to Drupal core and contributed modules. S/he/they will also work with the Communications and Production teams to update the site for changing needs and help design, develop and deploy new web products and functionality.
- Assist Drupal Developer with maintenance and management of site’s Drupal infrastructure
- Coordinate with the Communications and Web teams to design, develop, test and deploy new pages, templates and functionality
- Assist with diagnostics and implementation of recommended fixes
- At the direction of the Drupal Developer, monitor and update Drupal modules as required
- Assist Webmaster with monitoring and processing “Feedback” box requests
- Performs other website-related tasks as assigned by supervisor
The Institute’s interns join a team of professionals dedicated to producing evidence-based, high quality resources, developing a strong multimedia and online presence, and conducting outreach to a range of key stakeholders so as to inform policies and public debates domestically and internationally on a range of issues related to sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- Must be actively enrolled in, or recently completed, an accredited Associate’s, Bachelor’s, Master’s or certification program, with a minimum GPA of 3.0; Recent high school graduates accepted to an accredited college/university or certification program for the fall 2019 semester will also be considered.
- Basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, JS and PHP
- Basic understanding of Drupal, or strong interest in learning Drupal; Prior Drupal (or other related CMS e.g. WordPress) experience a plus
- Self-motivated with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
Salary and Benefits
Hourly rate: $20 (undergraduate interns) / $25 (graduate and doctoral interns)
The Guttmacher Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
To apply, submit resume and cover letter here.
- No telephone calls will be accepted
- No agencies please