Reporting to the President and CEO, the Executive Assistant manages key functions of the executive office, including: serving as primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on matters pertaining to the president; coordinating high-level meetings both internally and externally; coordinating multiple administrative and special projects; and serving as liaison between the president and a variety of audiences, including vice presidents, staff, grant-makers, reporters, vendors and peers in external organizations.
- Maintains the president’s schedule of internal and external in-person and electronic meetings, conferences, and teleconferences; screens meeting requests;
- Arranges detailed travel itineraries, agendas and compiles documents for meetings; prepares the president’s travel expense reports;
- Triages the president’s correspondence and calls, redirecting external callers to appropriate staff; independently responds to routine correspondence;
- Assists in preparing the agenda for monthly Management Team meetings and follows-up on action items;
- Facilitates the President’s communication and engagement with staff;
- Acts as a research assistant to the President, retrieving information from internal and external sources as needed;
- Undertakes special projects under the direction of the president;
- On request, accompanies the president to meetings; accurately records meeting notes and minutes; manages follow-up actions;
- Works closely with the Development and Communications departments to optimize the president’s outreach to funders, the media, and other key audiences;
- May provide leadership and guidance to other administrative staff on projects and other day to day matters associated with the executive office
- Proactively anticipates the needs of the president and ensures she/he is fully informed with the information necessary for the successful performance of her/his role including the preparation, production and distribution of background and briefing materials for meetings, conferences, presentations and travel;
- Works with grants management staff to allocate the president’s time to funded projects
- Assists president with presentations for speaking engagements, board meetings and other meetings as needed;
- Shifts priorities in line with president needs;
- Performs other job related responsibilities as assigned.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced administrative professional, have demonstrated experience supporting executive level positions, exercise independent judgement and discretion, and have the ability to manage confidential information, and to be self-directed and work independently. Additional qualifications include:
- Five (5) years’ experience at senior administrative assistant level;
- Computer literacy in MS Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, and the Internet, including aptitude with internet research;
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills;
- Detail-oriented with great organizational skills;
- Ability to work gracefully under pressure;
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, juggle tasks and meet deadlines;
- Active approach to problem solving, strong project management and researchskills
- Discreet, tactful, flexible, and courteous;
- Interest or experience in women’s/reproductive health, social sciences, social justice movement or and previous experience working at a non-profit organization, a plus.
- Associate’s degree, administrative certification (s) and equivalent experience;Bachelor’s degree a plus;
Salary and Benefits
Salary starting at $85,000 to low-$90ks commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits that include medical, dental, vision and life insurance; vacation, personal and sick time; paid parental leave; tuition reimbursement; commuting subsidy; and 401(k) with employer match. The Guttmacher Institute strives to provide the training and support staff need to be successful in their positions and to grow professionally.
The Guttmacher Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
To apply, submit resume and cover letter here.
- No telephone calls will be accepted
- No agencies please