Reporting to the Executive Vice President (EVP), the Executive Assistant will work in collaboration with the Special Assistant to provide administrative support to the executive office, which includes the President, EVP, and the Distinguished Scholar. The EA will have primary responsibility for all administrative activities including calendar management, travel management, routine correspondence, phone and email support, project support, and meeting coordination. The EA will also serve as liaison between the executive office and a variety of audiences, including divisional vice presidents, staff across the Institute, grant-makers, reporters, vendors and peers in external organizations.
- Maintains the principals’ schedule of internal and external in-person and electronic meetings, conferences, and teleconferences; screens meeting requests;
- Arranges detailed travel itineraries and agendas and compiles documents for meetings;
- Prepares the principals’ expense reports;
- Triages the principals’ correspondence and calls, redirecting external callers to appropriate staff as needed; independently responds to routine correspondence;
- Assists in preparing the agenda for monthly Management Team meetings and follows-up on action items;
- Facilitates the principals’ communication and engagement with staff;
- Acts as a research assistant to the President, retrieving information from internal and external sources as needed;
- Undertakes special projects under the direction of the President;
- On request, accompanies the President to meetings; accurately records meeting notes and minutes; manages follow-up actions;
- May provide leadership and guidance to other administrative staff on projects and other day-to-day matters associated with the executive office;
- Proactively anticipates the needs of the principals and ensures they are fully informed with the information necessary for the successful performance of their roles, including the preparation, production and distribution of background and briefing materials for meetings, conferences, presentations and travel;
- Works with grants management staff to allocate the president’s time to funded projects
- Collaborates with the Special Assistant in preparing presentations for speaking engagements, board meetings and other meetings as needed;
- Collaborates with Special Assistant on projects as needed;
- Shifts priorities in line with the President’s needs;
- Performs other job related responsibilities as assigned.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced administrative professional, have demonstrated experience supporting executive level positions, exercise independent judgement and discretion, and have the ability to manage confidential information, and to be self-directed and work independently. Additional qualifications include:
- Five (5) years’ experience at senior administrative assistant level;
- Computer literacy in MS Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, and the Internet, including aptitude with internet research;
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills;
- Detail-oriented with great organizational skills;
- Ability to work gracefully under pressure;
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, juggle tasks and meet deadlines;
- Active approach to problem solving, strong project management and research skills
- Discreet, tactful, flexible, and courteous;
- Interest or experience in women’s/reproductive health, social sciences, social justice movement and/or previous experience working at a non-profit organization, a plus.
- Associate’s degree, administrative certification (s) and equivalent experience; Bachelor’s degree a plus;
Salary and Benefits
Salary starting at $85,000 to low-$90ks, commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits that include medical, dental, vision and life insurance; vacation, personal and sick time; paid parental leave; tuition reimbursement; commuting subsidy; and 401(k) with employer match. The Guttmacher Institute strives to provide the training and support staff need to be successful in their positions and to grow professionally.
The Guttmacher Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
- To apply, submit resume and cover letter here.
- No telephone calls will be accepted
- No agencies please