The Global Communications Assistant is an integral part of Guttmacher’s Global Communications team, working collaboratively with mid- and senior-level staff across the Institute’s Communications and Publications division as well as the Global Research and Policy teams to help implement strategies to inform and shape public debate on global sexual and reproductive health and rights issues. This position assists in the creation and dissemination of communications materials across various communications channels (including the Guttmacher website, email list and social media accounts), monitors and documents the impact of these efforts, and provides other project support. This position reports to the Senior Global Communications Manager.
- Help draft communications materials and other written products in collaboration with senior communications staff and staff from other divisions;
- Assist in disseminating communications materials to the Institute’s email list, website, media contacts and social media channels;
- Provide research assistance to the global communications team, retrieving and synthesizing information from internal and external sources as appropriate (including from previously published Guttmacher materials and news coverage we have shaped or generated);
- Monitor and document media coverage and other impacts of the team’s work;
- Monitor media inbox, triage queries, maintain global press lists, track media mentions, and other relevant metrics;
- Prepare and review expense reports and partner contracts, track payments and process invoices;
- Support participation of communications staff at Global events and shipping of Guttmacher materials for events as needed;
- Support project management through event and meeting scheduling, note-taking, and keeping colleagues up to date on project timelines and responsibilities;
- Coordinate meeting logistics for internal and external meetings and events, including assisting with travel arrangements, reservations, registrations and visa applications in conjunction with other staff;
- Manage Institute participation in UN activities, including registration and grounds passes;
- Perform other job-related tasks as assigned.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of relevant experience;
- Strong communications and organizational skills with careful attention to detail;
- Client-oriented, with experience liaising with a variety of audiences and stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and handle a range of time-sensitive administrative and communications responsibilities;
- Must be comfortable working in a team and taking direction from multiple staff, as well as the ability to take initiative and to work independently;
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint;
- Experience working with social media platforms;
- Experience with web content management systems such as Drupal and email distribution systems such as MailChimp, Asana, Cision a plus;
- Interest working in the field of sexual and reproductive health and rights a plus;
- Language Skills, particularly French or Spanish, a plus.
Salary and Benefits
Salary starting at $46,000 to upper $40k’s, commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits that include medical, dental, vision and life insurance; vacation, personal and sick time; paid parental leave; tuition reimbursement; commuting subsidy; and 401(k) with employer match. The Guttmacher Institute strives to provide the training and support staff need to be successful in their positions and to grow professionally.
The Guttmacher Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
- To apply, submit resume and cover letter here.
- No telephone calls will be accepted
- No agencies please