The IT Intern will work with the IT staff to obtain hands-on experience in all aspects of support, while applying their knowledge to the support experience. This is a great opportunity to be exposed to, and learn about, Cisco Firewalls, routers and network equipment, ShoreTel phone system, RSA, Proofpoint email filtering, Microsoft 365, Microsoft Exchange, and VMWare. This is a paid internship opportunity.
- Provide first level support for Guttmacher Institute employees for LAN connected PCs, Macs and printers. This includes operating systems Windows 7 and 10, applications and network connectivity support.
- Work on PC replacement project, including physical replacement, documenting and setup.
- Assist with the monitoring and administration of network equipment, servers and active directory.
- Communicate with staff to schedule tasks, obtain a complete understanding of, and resolve, issues.
- Work with IT staff on projects, daily tasks and exploration of new technology.
- Performs other website-related tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Must be actively enrolled in, or recently completed, an accredited Associate’s, Bachelor’s, Master’s or IT certification program, with a minimum GPA of 3.0; Recent high school graduates accepted to an accredited college/university or certification program for the fall 2019 semester will also be considered.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and internet.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Must be detail-oriented, organized and able to juggle tasks and meet deadlines.
Salary and Benefits
Hourly rate: $20 (undergraduate interns) / $25 (graduate and doctoral interns).
The Guttmacher Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
- To apply, submit resume and cover letter here.
- No telephone calls will be accepted
- No agencies please