Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Learning and Development Specialist coordinates organization-wide efforts to ensure that a comprehensive set of learning and development programs are developed and executed for the purpose of retaining, developing, and attracting an engaged and high-performing workforce. Programs include, but are not limited recruitment, onboarding, transitions from employment, performance management, mandatory compliance training (i.e. harassment and non-discrimination trainings), supervisory/management training, and racial equity training. The Learning and Development Specialist will ensure that there is a culture of continuous development and also monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of L&D programs that has a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Develop and implementation of a Learning and Development program, linked to the Institute’s goals, that is focused on employee professional development resulting in the creation of a strong internal talent pool
- Identify and keep a current catalogue of online resources and tutorials for the primary software that the Institute currently uses such as Microsoft Office and Asana
- Plan and execute effective learning programs and talent development strategies.
- Identify and maintain effective programs for workforce retention, promotion, and succession planning.
- Conduct regular analysis of the organization’s staffing needs, and feedback received from employee off-boarding, in relation to its strategic objectives; use data to identify external training opportunities and/or develop and conduct presentations and training to improve skills, create competencies, and build knowledge of the staff.
- Assist with creating a leadership development program to identify and develop “high potential” employees, with the goal of elevating them into positions of leadership; collect, analyze, and maintain data used to create the program, implementing revisions, as appropriate.
- Assist with the performance management system, including maintaining and/or revising current job descriptions, standards of performance, and performance evaluation tools and resources.
- Design and administer skills gap assessments with employees to create individualized training plans needed to strengthen their existing skills or learn new ones
- Develop collaborative partnerships with department leadership and HR support teams.
- Conduct ongoing needs analysis and tactfully identifying opportunities for process improvements supported by comprehensive and achievable plans for implementation.
- Build relationships with hiring managers/teams and serve as a thought partner to develop effective sourcing and recruitment strategies that result in effective and efficient acquisition of a diverse and inclusive talent pool.
- Conduct needs analysis to ensure all development materials are focused on addressing business outcomes aligning priorities for improvements with the ongoing strategic imperatives.
- In partnership with the entire HR team, may need to assist recruitment for select positions, including assisting with posting, sourcing, screening, scheduling interviews, checking references, extending offers of employment and initiating background checks; ensure that recruiting and retention practices consistently attract a diverse and highly qualified work force.
- In partnership with the Assistant Manager of HR and the Human Resources Assistant, may need to assist with onboarding of new employees; conduct new hire orientation, process and review employee information in preparation for payroll.
- Performs all other job-related responsibilities as assigned in partnership with the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) and the Vice President for Finance and Administration.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced professional, with demonstrated expertise in HR, learning and employee professional development, and performance management, preferably within the non-profit sector. Additional qualifications include:
- Minimum of five (5) years of related HR experience.
- Two to three years’ experience working with learning management and applicant tracking systems.
- Experience designing, developing and supporting organization-wide talent management programs that cover performance management, talent development, succession planning, data analytics and relationship management.
- Previous experience in capturing metrics and producing various employment reports.
- Experience in all areas of sourcing such as the internet, social media, networking, employee referrals, and job postings.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in human resources or related field; Equivalent experience and an HR certification (PHR, SPHR, SHRM CP also considered.
- Proven success in working in a multicultural environment with outcomes that reflect equity and inclusion across a diverse workforce.
Salary and Benefits
Salary starting at $73,000 to the mid $80ks, commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits that include medical, dental, vision and life insurance; vacation, personal and sick time; paid parental leave; tuition reimbursement; commuting subsidy; and 401(k) with employer match. The Guttmacher Institute strives to provide the training and support staff need to be successful in their positions and to grow professionally.
The Guttmacher Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
- To apply, submit resume and cover letter here.
- No telephone calls will be accepted
- No agencies please