We are seeking a payroll professional to join our Human Resources Team as a Payroll Assistant. The Payroll Assistant will be responsible for the day to day administration of ADP payroll processing and the Unanet time and attendance system while actively working and ensuring staff needs are met.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Transmit semi-monthly payroll via ADP WFN and the Unanet time and attendance system.
- Handling phone calls and correspondence regarding payroll information;
- Perform pay period payroll functions related to analysis, input, adjustments and reconciliations;
- Process garnishments as needed;
- Create and update job codes for newly created positions in conjunction with FLSA codes;
- Provide support to both employee, colleagues and vendor relations and respond to any and all related payroll inquiries;
- Participate in improvements, updates and testing of payroll related systems as necessary
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential;
- Ensure compliance for any local state and federal to include all states Guttmacher employees reside within;
- Work as a liaison with all divisions for reporting purposes;
- Perform all duties as assigned by Director of Human Resources and ELT.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced professional, with demonstrated payroll processing experience, preferably within the non-profit sector. Additional qualifications include:
- Minimum of two (2) years of related Human Resources and payroll experience that includes payroll processing & administration.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles, i.e., debits, credits, etc.
- Effective organizational, communication and writing skills.
- Experience with Unanet Software a plus and knowledge of ADP/WFN required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Associates degree or equivalent experience in payroll processing or payroll certification (CPP, FPC).
- Proven ability to manage time effectively including prioritization of tasks and remaining organized when under pressure.
- Strong drive and ability to tackle challenges from different perspectives.
- Writes and speaks with clarity and effectiveness when communicating with internal and external contacts.
- Pro-actively searches for process improvement.
- Organized, detail-oriented, hands-on, a team player and a self-starter.
- Ability to successfully engage with diverse internal and external populations.
Salary and Benefits
Starting salary at $45,700 to upper $40k’s, commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits that include medical, dental, vision and life insurance; vacation, personal and sick time; paid parental leave; tuition reimbursement; commuting subsidy; and 401(k) with employer match. The Guttmacher Institute strives to provide the training and support staff need to be successful in their positions and to grow professionally.
The Guttmacher Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
- To apply, submit resume and cover letter here.
- No telephone calls will be accepted
- No agencies please