Responsible for editorial assistance for the Guttmacher Policy Review (GPR) and other policy-relevant materials, assistance for Federal Policy Team efforts, and a range of support services for 15-person Washington office.
Editorial Assistance for GPR and Other Policy-relevant Materials
- Fact-check articles and materials;
- Copyedit and proofread materials;
- Compile and format references;
- Assist in developing graphics for articles;
- Prepare publication materials for production;
- Prepare and post content on the Institute’s website; and
- Assist in scheduling and coordinating editorial processes;
Federal Policy Assistance
- Provide research assistance for policy analysis projects;
- Assist with development of factsheets and other project materials;
- Assist with developing PowerPoint presentations;
- Participate in drafting comment letters on pending federal administrative proposals;
- Participate in drafting articles and materials;
- Monitor and excerpt Federal Register, Congressional Record and Grants.gov;
- Compile monthly Public Policy Highlights and similar reports; and
- Maintain internal and external distribution lists, impact tracking systems, and other federal team resources.
- Provide a range of administrative support, such as facilitating meeting logistics, interfacing with building management, and responding to or directing public information requests; and
- Perform other job-related tasks as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of one year of office experience, post Bachelor’s; open to current graduate students.
- Editorial assistance experience, including copyediting and fact-checking, preferred.
- Proficiency with main components of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Able to set priorities, juggle tasks, work independently and meet deadlines.
- Comfortable working as part of a team.
- Able to synthesize and analyze information, especially in writing.
Salary and Benefits
Salary starting at $45,700 to upper $40k’s, commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits that include medical, dental, vision and life insurance; vacation, personal and sick time; paid parental leave; tuition reimbursement; commuting subsidy; and 401(k) with employer match. The Guttmacher Institute strives to provide the training and support staff need to be successful in their positions and to grow professionally.
The Guttmacher Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
- To apply, submit resume and cover letter here.
- Applications will be accepted and considered through Monday, May 18, 2020.
- No telephone calls will be accepted
- No agencies please