The Guttmacher Institute is seeking a dynamic Senior Administrative Assistant to support the Communications & Publications Division broadly, and the Vice President specifically, in achieving the organization’s mission. The Senior Administrative Assistant is responsible for supporting the Division’s senior leadership in the effective execution of key internal and external priorities, including organizational management, strategic and programmatic oversight, networking, Board engagement and representing the Institute to a range of external audiences. The position includes significant administrative and representational components, and serves as a liaison between Division leadership and a variety of individuals and institutions. The ideal candidate should be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple projects and activities simultaneously, and have the analytical skills to digest and interpret information quickly, all while learning and growing in this exciting role. Commitment to completion of tasks efficiently and at a high level of quality is a must.
Maintain the Vice President’s daily schedule of internal and external meetings, teleconferences and events;
- Assist with travel arrangements, conference registrations and expense reports for the VP and select senior member(s) of the Communications & Publications team as needed;
- Support the VP’s engagement with the Board of Directors, including preparation for Board meetings and developing/reviewing presentations and other materials on tri-annual basis.
- Act as a research assistant for the VP, retrieving and synthesizing information from internal and external sources as appropriate;
- Assist Vice President and senior leadership with preparing presentations for speaking engagements, conferences and other external events as needed;
- Accompany the Vice President to select meetings; document and facilitate response to/completion of action-items;
- Ensure that the VP is equipped for successful performance by preparing and producing background and briefing materials for meetings, conferences, presentations and travel;
- Performs other job-related tasks as appropriate.
- Three to five years’ experience at senior executive/special assistant level;
- Must have sense of professionalism and responsibility, combined with good judgement in performing tasks and in handling confidential information;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications – particularly Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Savvy at conducting Internet research; ability to gather data, compile information and create, draft and edit reports and other written materials;
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills;
- Detail-oriented and committed to producing high-quality work products;
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work with poise under pressure;
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, juggle tasks and meet deadlines;
- Ability to develop relationships and credibility with internal and external stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability to handle a wide range of time-sensitive administrative responsibilities, and be confident in liaising with audiences at various levels, while positively representing the VP and the Institute;
- Discreet, tactful, flexible and courteous;
- Interest in sexual and reproductive health and rights, and support for the Institute’s mission.
Salary and Benefits
Salary starting $54,000 to low $60Ks, commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits that include medical, dental, vision and life insurance; vacation, personal and sick time; paid parental leave; tuition reimbursement; commuting subsidy; and 401(k) with employer match. The Guttmacher Institute strives to provide the training and support staff need to be successful in their positions and to grow professionally.
The Guttmacher Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
- To apply, submit resume and cover letter here.
- No telephone calls will be accepted
- No agencies please