Reporting to the Director of Institutional Giving, the Senior Development Assistant, Institutional Giving will assist in all aspects of the Institute’s institutional fundraising efforts.
- Maintain schedule of grant proposals, payments and report due dates, along with a spreadsheet of active grants.
- Assist with fulfilling requirements for proposals, budgets and supporting documentation.
- Coordinate all aspects of financial reporting to institutional donors (i.e., private foundations, government agencies, multi-lateral organizations).
- Carry out post-grant award tasks such as preparing acknowledgements for donors and documenting awards for internal distribution.
- Assist with preparation of reports for the Board of Directors, and with presentations to the Board and external audiences (e.g., conference speaking engagements).
- Maintain Guttmacher’s International Aid Transparency Initiative (IATI) profile and provide technical support to relevant partners.
- Conduct research on prospective institutional donors.
- Schedule internal and external meetings and assist with catering and meeting set-up.
- Maintain print and electronic files for the institutional fundraising team.
- Make travel arrangements for senior Development staff.
- Prepare expense reports and invoices.
- Perform other job-related tasks as assigned.
- One to two years of related experience working in development/fundraising roles.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Proficiency with Salesforce or other customer relationship management (CRM) software.
- Demonstrated professionalism, responsibility and good judgment in performing tasks and in handling confidential information.
- Highly developed communication and organizational skills with careful attention to detail, and ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Interest or experience in social sciences and/or reproductive health, rights, and justice a plus.
Salary and benefits
Salary starting at $48,000 to mid $50k’s and will be commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits that include medical, dental, vision and life insurance; vacation, personal and sick time, paid parental leave; tuition reimbursement; commuting subsidy; and 401(k) with employer match. The Guttmacher Institute strives to provide the training and support staff need to be successful in their positions and to grow professionally.
The Guttmacher Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
To apply, submit resume and cover letter here. Applications received through August 27, 2021 will be considered.
Please note that telephone inquiries will not be acknowledged. No agencies, please.
The Guttmacher Institute seeks to foster a diverse, inclusive, and equitable environment, where every employee’s unique talents are valued and recognized as an asset to the achievement of our mission. Guttmacher Institute endeavors to make employment opportunities accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact HR at (212) 248-1111 or [email protected].
Guttmacher Institute is an EEO employer.