Reporting to the Director of Institutional Giving, the Senior Development Associate plays a key role in mobilizing financial resources to support Guttmacher’s strategic objectives. This individual’s primary focus is raising funds to support the Institute’s U.S.-focused activities and projects. The Senior Development Associate will write and edit grant proposals and reports; conduct research to identify prospective donors; cultivate relationships with representatives of private foundations; and play a key role in developing and implementing Guttmacher’s institutional fundraising strategy.
- Write, edit and format U.S.-focused grant proposals for submission to foundations and other institutional donors;
- Coordinate all aspects of reporting to institutional donors on U.S.-focused grants;
- Draft donor reports for U.S.-focused grants for submission to institutional donors;
- Work closely with senior staff in the Research, Public Policy, and Communications & Publications divisions to develop grant proposals;
- Organize and participate in project development meetings and track project ideas from conceptualization to proposal submission;
- Generate grant budgets and other materials for submission to donors;
- Liaise with donor agency representatives as well as other external audiences;
- Conduct prospect research to identify potential grant funding sources, including small family foundations; and
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor, including working on international-focused proposals as needed.
- Three to five years’ experience in preparing successful grant proposals for nonprofit organizations;
- Exceptional grant writing skills, preferably with experience writing research- and policy-oriented grants;
- Ability to construct and analyze project and program budgets;
- Exceptional analytical and interpersonal skills;
- Sharp attention to detail;
- Strong initiative and ability to motivate others;
- Ability to work comfortably in a fast-paced environment and with a multidisciplinary staff of professionals;
- Familiarity with Salesforce a plus;
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree a plus; and
- Knowledge of and interest in sexual and reproductive health and rights issues a plus.
Salary and Benefits
Salary starting at $73,000 to mid $80ks, commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits that include medical, dental, vision and life insurance; vacation, personal and sick time; paid parental leave; tuition reimbursement; commuting subsidy; and 401(k) with employer match. The Guttmacher Institute strives to provide the training and support staff need to be successful in their positions and to grow professionally.
The Guttmacher Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
- To apply, submit resume and cover letter here.
- No telephone calls will be accepted
- No agencies please