Founded in 1968, the Guttmacher Institute is a global leader in advancing sexual and reproductive health and rights. Through a unique and interrelated program of high-quality research, evidence-based advocacy and strategic communications, the Institute works to generate new ideas, encourage enlightened public debate and promote sound policy and program development. The Institute’s overarching goal is to ensure the highest standard of sexual and reproductive health and rights for all people worldwide. The Institute is engaged in building a more inclusive, transparent and equitable organization.
Reporting to the Director of Individual Giving, the Senior Development Associate, Prospect Research and Data Analytics plays a key role in the day-to-day operations of the Individual Giving Team. The Senior Development Associate, Prospect Research and Data Analysis is responsible for identifying new prospective individual and institutional donors, updating information on existing donors and prospects, gauging a prospect’s capacity to make a major gift ($10,000+), and making recommendations on individual giving strategy. The Senior Development Associate manages all processes associated with prospect management, including building and evaluating portfolios and moving prospects through the solicitation cycle.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Prospect Research and Portfolio Management
- Research and qualify individual and institutional donor prospects.
- Create donor briefings materials.
- Work with the Division’s management team to implement a donor portfolio system.
- Identify and assign individual donor prospects through proactive prospecting, weekly gift report review, quarterly cumulative giving reports, and annual portfolio reviews.
Data Governance, Management and Performance Metrics
- Build or identify appropriate reports or dashboards in Salesforce to meet the needs of the team for donor lists and data analysis.
- Identify areas where policies and procedures should exist and/or be revised to improve data entry efficiency and data integrity.
- Develop metrics to inform, measure, and track fundraising efforts to evaluate the success of the individual giving program.
- Develop and maintain internal policies and procedures to ensure the quality and integrity of the database.
- Serve as the primary liaison with prospect research and Salesforce vendors.
Donor Cultivation and Stewardship
- Work with Director of Individual Giving and V.P. for Development on high-level donor stewardship.
- Draft compelling donor stewardship correspondence and reports.
- Work with V.P. for Development and Director of Individual Giving to implement a strategy to diversify the donor prospect pipeline.
- Manage a small portfolio of mid-level ($2500-$9999) prospects and donors.
- Assist with major donor ($10,000+) qualification.
- Work with Director of Individual Giving on Planned Giving Campaign
- Work collaboratively and cooperatively with staff and volunteers to advance the goals of the Development Division and Guttmacher as a whole.
- Assist the Individual Giving team and perform other duties as assigned.
- Support Annual Fund and Major Gift Campaigns.
- Participate in cross–divisional meetings about the Salesforce database.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years’ experience working with a CRM database, experience with Salesforce preferred;
- Experience with database reporting and analysis;
- Experience working in a fundraising department;
- Exceptional analytical and interpersonal skills;
- Sharp attention to detail;
- Ability to work comfortably in a fast-paced environment and with a multidisciplinary staff of professionals;
- Knowledge of or experience in social sciences and/or reproductive health, rights, and justice a plus; and
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in a workplace setting a plus.
Salary and benefits
Salary starting at $73,000 to mid $80k’s and will be commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits that include medical, dental, vision and life insurance; vacation, personal and sick time, paid parental leave; tuition reimbursement; commuting subsidy; and 401(k) with employer match. The Guttmacher Institute strives to provide the training and support staff need to be successful in their positions and to grow professionally.
The Guttmacher Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
To apply, submit resume and cover letter here. Applications received through December 1st, 2021 will be considered.
Please note that telephone inquiries will not be acknowledged. No agencies, please.
The Guttmacher Institute seeks to foster a diverse, inclusive, and equitable environment, where every employee’s unique talents are valued and recognized as an asset to the achievement of our mission. Guttmacher Institute endeavors to make employment opportunities accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact HR at (212) 248-1111 or [email protected].
Guttmacher Institute is an EEO employer.