The Senior Policy Manager will help lead the Guttmacher Institute’s efforts to engage in the policy process to advance sexual and reproductive health and rights in the United States and globally. Under the supervision of the Vice President for Public Policy and the Director of Public Policy, the senior policy manager will engage partners, policymakers and advocates in person and in a range of written formats, with a focus on publicly funded family planning in the United States. The position involves ability to travel 10-20% of time.
- Monitor and analyze issues related to U.S. policy on sexual and reproductive health and rights, including the Title X national family planning program and other family planning programs in the United States.
- Develop written materials in a range of formats and for a range of audiences, including as a regular contributor to the Guttmacher Policy Review and short-form analyses.
- Represent the Guttmacher Institute in advocacy and outreach activities with Congress, relevant government agencies, key coalitions, and the network of safety-net family planning service providers.
- Collaborate with staff across the Institute to bring a policy perspective to the range of our communications and research activities.
- Serve as a leading voice on sexual and reproductive health and rights issues, especially related to domestic family planning services, with the media and other external audiences.
- Participate as part of a team to conceptualize and implement policy-relevant research projects.
- A minimum of five years of relevant work experience in the fields of public health, reproductive health and rights, reproductive justice, human rights and/or social justice.
- Passion for social justice and working toward U.S. policy that will lead to a world in which all people are able to exercise their rights and responsibilities regarding sexual behavior and reproduction freely and with dignity.
- Skilled at communicating about how policy affects individuals’ sexual and reproductive health and rights in a range of in-person and written formats and to a range of audiences including policymakers, advocates and the media.
- Demonstrated understanding of and capabilities to advance complex social justice issues, to engage diverse people and contexts, and to unify diverse perspectives in service to our shared mission.
- Interest in advancing reproductive health and rights in a rapidly changing policy environment while retaining a constant focus on longer-term strategic goals.
- Dedication to working collaboratively, thinking strategically, engaging new partners and advancing an inclusive workplace.
- Able to travel domestically 10-20% of the time.
Salary and Benefits
Salary in the low $100ks, commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits that include medical, dental, vision and life insurance; vacation, personal and sick time; paid parental leave; tuition reimbursement; commuting subsidy; and 401(k) with employer match. The Guttmacher Institute strives to provide the training and support staff need to be successful in their positions and to grow professionally.
The Guttmacher Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
To apply, submit resume and cover letter here.
- No telephone calls will be accepted
- No agencies please