The next Vice President for Research will bring passion around SRHR and for the Institute’s long- term vision, as well as a demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. This leader will be responsible for oversight of Guttmacher’s entire research portfolio. The Vice President for Research also shares responsibility for top-level oversight of strategic planning, project development and management activities in the Research Division and takes on a critical role within the Institute’s nine-member Management Team.
- support ongoing fundraising for (and sound fiscal management of) research projects;
- ensure timely and effective communication of data and conclusions for multiple audiences (e.g. policy makers, advocacy organizations, media outlets etc.)
- facilitate timely use of research findings during important inflection points (legislative debates, litigation/judicial hearings, etc.)
- In collaboration with designated other members of the executive leadership team, represent the Research Division and the Guttmacher Institute writ large in a variety of U.S. and international audiences/venues, including the Board of Directors, individual and organizational funders, research partners, scientific or policy meetings, governmental leaders;
The successful candidate will bring passion and enthusiasm for the Guttmacher Institute’s mission and have at least 10 years of relevant research and management experience.
Salary and Benefits
- A competitive compensation package will be made available to the qualified candidate.
The Guttmacher Institute is an equal opportunity employer.