Full-time, Regular, Non-exempt
DATE OF POSTING
May 8, 2015
The Finance Associate, under the supervision of the Controller, will assist with managing daily financial transactions. The ideal candidate will have finance and/or accounting experience, will be detailed oriented, and must work collaboratively with colleagues and partners on all levels.
- Update employee changes in ADP Pay Expert during each semi-monthly payroll.
- Keep track of employee changes and update funder codes in the Institute’s internal database.
- Co-prepare and processes semi-monthly payroll.
- Prepare semi-monthly 401(k) upload.
- Process cash receipts and maintain cash log.
- Batch and log checks for deposit.
- Assist with managing the Concur expense reporting system entries and user activities. Alert staff of un-submitted expense reports.
- Assist with preparing the monthly government expenditure report.
- Arrange project reports for monthly meetings as well as the annual audit.
- Record minutes during board meetings and investment committee calls.
- Assist with the preparation of IRS form 990.
- Schedule all travel and related logistics for the VP for Finance and Administration.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the Controller.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience in Finance and Accounting.
- Familiar with ADP Workforce Now and Pay Expert preferred.
- Strong computer skills and experience in Windows-based applications including MS Word, Excel, and database experience strongly preferred.
- Must demonstrate initiative and good judgment.
- Excellent customer (employee) service skills and ability to work with all levels of staff.
- Strong and effective time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate accuracy, attention to detail, and monitor own work to ensure quality.
- Ability to appropriately handle and process confidential and sensitive information.
- Highly dependable and punctual.
- Demonstrate a high degree of professionalism.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary is commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits that include medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401(k) with employer match, commuting subsidy, and generous time off.
Please note that no telephone calls will be accepted
No agencies please
No agencies please
Human Resources Department
The Guttmacher Institute
125 Maiden Lane
New York, NY 10038
Fax (212) 558-6268
If applying by E-mail (preferred), please type in the subject line your first and last name, and title of position you are applying for and send Email resume/cover letter to: