Slide and Lecture Presentation
An Overview of Abortion in the United States
This slide presentation presents the facts on abortion in the United States, developed by the Guttmacher Institute and Physicians for Reproductive Choice and Health¨ (PRCH). It makes it easy to provide the most important and comprehensive statistics on the incidence of unintended pregnancy and abortion. Topics include:
unintended pregnancy and abortion;
who has abortions, why and when in pregnancy;
safety of abortion;
provision of and access to abortion services; and,
a comparative international perspective.
This educational resource can be previewed in PDF format, or downloaded directly in PowerPoint to be presented directly from a computer (with or without a projector), printed onto paper handouts or overhead transparencies, or converted to actual slides.
The presentation includes slides and detailed lecture notes. Please note that the presentation opens in a slides-only view. In order to also view the lecture notes in Powerpoint:
1. Click View in the menu bar. A menu will drop down.
2. Click the arrows at the bottom of the list to expand the menu.
3. Select Notes Page from the menu. The screen will then change to show the notes page below the slide.
4. Use the scroll bars to view all slides and lecture notes.
To view the lecture notes in Internet Explorer:
1. Click Edit in the menu bar. A menu will drop down.
2. Select Edit Slides from the menu. Follow steps 1-4 above.