- COLLECTION OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFYING INFORMATION
- We may collect Personally Identifying Information from you only if it is specifically and knowingly provided by you. “Personally Identifying Information” is information that would allow someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, organization, address, phone number, and e-mail address.
- You are not required to provide Personally Identifying Information to visit the Website. If you choose not to provide Personally Identifying Information when prompted, you can still visit most of the Website pages.
- USE OF INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
- Personally Identifying Information collected will be used to provide you with information and services, to enable you to participate in features on the Website, to contact you regarding updates about the Website, to provide customer support, and for other purposes described at the point of collection (for example, purchase transactions, requests for printed materials, electronic mailing list sign-up, and requests for download permission for selected online content).
- The Institute may share your Personally Identifying Information with its agents, affiliated entities, and partners. The Institute will not sell, rent, or disclose Personally Identifying Information to unaffiliated mass marketers without your express permission.
- If law enforcement or judicial authorities require us to provide them with your Personally Identifying Information, we must cooperate with the authorities if their request is supported with the necessary legal documentation.
- In the event you make a donation, you grant us permission to access your credit card information. The Institute will use the information you provide for the transaction to complete your donation and to provide you with tools to manage and monitor your transactions. The Institute will not share, rent, or sell this donation-related information to any third parties without your consent, except that your credit card and other personal information will be shared with our credit card processor and then only to process the transaction.
- Personally Identifying Information may also be used to gather broad demographic information about our user community or to perform analyses of user behavior in order to measure visitor interest in specific areas of the Website.
- DONOR PRIVACY
- E-MAIL LISTS
- The Institute uses MailChimp, a permission-based e-mail messaging service provider, to administer its multiple e-mail lists. MailChimp is a product of the Rocket Science Group, LLC in Atlanta, GA. For more information on the Rocket Science Group and MailChimp, visit http://www.mailchimp.com.
- MailChimp includes reporting and tracking features that allow the Institute to monitor the effectiveness of its online communication efforts. MailChimp collects information, which may include IP addresses, browser types, access information, and technical information concerning connection to the Website. We may use this information for internal purposes.
- YOUR CHOICES
- The Institute only communicates via e-mail with persons who have affirmatively chosen to receive information from the Institute. E-mail list subscribers may remove themselves from any Institute e-mail list by clicking on the “update subscription preferences” or “unsubscribe from all lists” links at the bottom of an e-mail message.
- You may limit the collection and use of different elements of your Personally Identifying Information by not participating in those activities for which we collect Personally Identifying Information, as listed above. You may discontinue the collection, use, and disclosure of your Personally Identifying Information by limiting or discontinuing your use of the Website altogether. You may request to be completely removed from our database by sending an e-mail to [email protected].
- The Institute treats security seriously and takes reasonable measures to protect each Website user’s Personally Identifying Information. The Website has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under the Institute’s control. Traffic to and from the Website is sent over an encrypted protocol (https). All transaction and credit card information in the Website system is sent in a commercially secure, encrypted form.
- You should be aware that transmissions through the Internet to and from the Website, including e-mail messages sent to the Institute, are not confidential, and your communications may be read or intercepted. The Institute is not responsible for any information you share with other users of the Website or other third parties. While we strive to use industry-standard practices to protect your information, the Institute cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information.
- PRIVACY PROTECTION FOR CHILDREN
- If you are under the age of 13, please do not use the Website. In voluntary compliance with the terms of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, the Institute will not knowingly permit persons under the age of 13 to provide information to the Institute through the Website or otherwise. If the Institute later learns that a user is under the age of 13, we will take appropriate steps to remove that user’s Personally Identifying Information from the database and restrict that user’s access to the Website.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
- POLICY REVISIONS
- The Institute strongly believes in respecting your privacy. We will update and amend this Policy if and when it is necessary. Please check back often to read our most updated and amended version. Your continued use of the Website means that you consent to our updates and amendments.
- If we make any substantial changes in the way we use your Personally Identifying Information, we will notify you by posting an announcement on the Website and by sending you an e-mail. You may prevent your information from being used for purposes other than those for which it was originally collected by contacting us at the address in the Contact Information Section below.
- ACCESS AND CORRECTION OF USER DATA
- The Institute will provide access to the information that we maintain about you upon request. You can request this information by contacting the Institute at the address in the Contact Information Section below. You may also request corrections to or deletion of your information by sending a detailed e-mail to [email protected]guttmacher.org.
- CONTACT INFORMATION
- The Institute is committed to protecting your privacy while providing you with the most useful and timely information. If you have any questions or concerns about this Policy, the practices of this Website or your dealings with the Website, please contact [email protected].
- The Institute can also be reached by telephone at 800-355-0244 or by mail at the following address:
125 Maiden Lane, 7th Floor
New York, NY 10038
Updated: December 2016